To launch Linksys WiFi range extender setup you no more require to have an installation CD.
Linksys has provided its users with two alternative options using which they can launch Linksys WiFi range extender setup without installation CD.
What are these methods andHow can we use these methods for Linksys WiFi range extender setup, are some of the questions that we will try to answer in this whole discussion.
We hope this article will prove to be worth reading to you and your almost all queries related to Linksys WiFi range extender setup will be cleared through this article.
By this let’s get started.
Firstly as already mentioned that you need not to panic if in case you had lost installation CD to launch Linksys WiFI range extender setup because Linksys has come up with two alternate methods through which you can launch Linksys WiFi range extender setup and that are:
- Web based utility
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method
The difference between these methods is just in the way through which you proceed for setup.
For instance in case of web based utility method, you will be required to launch Linksys WiFI range extender setup using a web based utility i.e. http://extender.linksys.com
This is not a regular webpage but is a local webpage provided by Linksys, which works as an interface between user and Linksys range extender.
Using this webpage you can easily setup our new Linksys range extender in existing network.
But in this method we will be required to manually enter various details while Linksys WiFi range extender setup is going on.
Whereas in second method i.e. Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method, just by pressing WPS button on both Linksys range extender as well as of home router, we will be able to successfully complete Linksys WiFi range extender setup.
This is the reason why WPS method is named so.
But along with this ease there also exist one disadvantage with WPS method and that is in a form of pre-requisite under which you are required to ensure that your home router is WPS enabled and if it is not then you have to proceed with first method i.e. Web based utility.
Now after having brief introduction of both of these methods, let’s have in depth discussion on various steps involved in both of these methods.
- Web based utility:- As already discussed that this method uses launching of a web based utility i.e. a web interface provided by Linksys in the form of http://extender.linksys.comSteps involved for the same are as given below:
- First and foremost step is to power on your extender. Only when your Linksys range extender will be powered on then you can proceed for Linksys WiFi range extender setup.
- As the name of the method signifies that we need to launch web based utility. Thus we will require a device on which this web based utility can be launched such as computer or laptop. SO get any one device to launch Linksys WiFI range extender setup. For this case we considering this device to be a computer.
- Then establish a connection between Linksys WiFi range extender and computer. You can do this either by using Ethernet cable or by connecting your computer with Linksys range extender network through WiFi connection.
- Once the connection between Linksys range extender and computer gets established then launch web browser.
- Enter http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the browser to launch Linksys WiFI range extender setup.
- It will ask you to enter credentials to get logged in. By default login credentials are:
Username:- have to be left blank
- By this Linksys WiFi range extender setup will be launched.
- Now onwards you are required to just follow on screen instructions and your Linksys WIFI range extender setup will stands to be completed.
That’s it Linksys WiFI range extender setup using web based utility gets completed.
From above steps we can easily conclude that procedure for Linksys WIFI range extender setup using web based utility is too easy to be followed.
- WPS method:-This method uses WiFi signal to connect Linksys WiFi range extender with home network. That is the reason why this method is named so.
This method is too simple to be followed.
In this method Linksys WIFi range extender setup will stands to be completed by just pressing WPS button of your Linksys range extender and home router.
That is the reason why this method is also known as Push N Connect method.
Now let’s have a look at various steps involved in this method.
- Firstly power on your Linksys WiFI range extender
- Then press WPS button present on the Linksys WIFi range extender. By this you will find that WPS LED will start blinking. This signifies that your Linksys range extender is attempting for WPS connection.
- Now within a duration of two minutes you have to press WPS button on your home router.
- Once you do so, you will find that WPS LED on your Linksys range extender will get stabilised. This signifies successful WPS connection established between Linksys range extender and network router.
Just by this your Linksys WiFI range extender setup stands to be completed.
Also by this our discussion on various methods of setting up Linksys WiFi range extender gets completed.
We hope all information provided in this article will prove to be useful for you.
But one thing is worth mentioning here that various steps mentioned above may vary to some extent for different range of Linksys WiFI range extender.
If you want to have more in depth knowledge about Linksys WiFi range extender setup through both web based utility and WPS method then you can follow our other article How to Set Up a Linksys Range Extender
We hope this will answer all your queries.