Firstly, one should know the meaning of resetting Linksys range extender to factory default settings, which is that, all configuration that you had made with your extender will get lost in this process.
There are certain scenarios where resetting extender will become inevitable. That is:
- If you are experiencing an erratic connection with Linksys extender.
- You become unable to access the setup page of the extender.
- LED status not turns to be stable and remains in blinking state.
- You become unable to install extender using setup software, and now are trying to do so manually.
Note: – It is always advised to create a backup of your device’s configuration, before proceeding for resetting the extender. This can be done by following two simple steps that are:
Step 1: – Launch web-based setup page of Linksys range extender. For this user will be required to enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of web browser.
Step2: – Here you will get Management option. Click on it. Then click on the Backup Configuration button. Then click on Save Settings.
After taking the backup, you can proceed for resetting the extender. For this, you are provided with two options.
- Reset by pressing the reset button on the extender device
- Resetting the extender with the help of the web-based setup page
Let’s discuss them one by one.
- Reset by pressing the reset button on the extender device: –Firstly, locate the reset button on your range extender. Press and hold the button for 8 seconds. Let the device reboot and that’s it. Now when the device gets powered on, you will be required to reconfigure it. Reason for the same is that your device has been reset to factory default settings.
- Resetting the extender with the help of the web-based setup page: – For this, launch the web-based setup page on any web browser on a device that is connected with Linksys extender’s network. Then select Factory Defaults under the Administration tab. Click on Restore Factory Defaults button. Power off the extender device for approximately 30 seconds and then put it on power again. By this, your Linksys extender stands to be reset to factory default settings.